Wanna keep tabs on this project?
Hello, and thanks for checking out our Master Tome project!
Master Tomes are our largest and most versatile gaming boxes crafted from the same leathers and hardwoods from our original Spellbooks. Master Tomes feature a magnetically modular interior that you can customize to fit your needs, but is also large enough for full sheets of paper and your D&D player handbook!
Adding to the versatility, each Master Tome is equipped with cover panels that can easily turn your tome into a DM screen. The cover panels may not look like much at a first glance, but they are also packed with features: the same magnets that hold your stuff safe are used to hold paper, maps, or anything else you want to keep handy or show your players. If that’s not enough, the beta editions will have UV coated surfaces that will be perfect for dry erase.
Master Tomes are the most complex project we have worked on, and we are going to take our time to get it right. Here’s a rough timeline of where we are headed:
May 2021 – There are a handful of Alpha Editions in the wild, and we look forward to getting feedback.
June 2021 – A small handful of Beta Editions will be available to the public.
Fall 2021 – We are hoping to launch the complete project in the Fall of 2021, but will take as many test editions as needed to get these right.
Modular Interior – Currently available
– Dice module | Fits 3 sets of 7 dice.
– Open module | Felt lined and ready for anything, including being used as a rolling tray.
– Minis module | 3 medium and 6 small spaces with foam top and bottom lining to keep your minis protected.
– Dice tower module | This pair of modules can be used for generic storage, and then magnet together to form a 9″ tall dice tower.
– Card module | Holds two separate stacks of cards with a pen slot for good measure (or dice storage)
– Tablet stand | This simple module has long slots that will hold your tablet up for easy reading and use. It can also be used to store pens, dice, or similar things.
Magnetic Cover Panels – Currently available
Magnetic covers that hold your stuff in place also double to configure your tome into a DM screen. The magnets can also be used to hold up maps or other flat items.
Future editions will be dry-erasable as well
Magnetic Initiative Trackers – Currently available
A pair of magnetic rails that mounts to the top of your tome and can be used to organize and display initiative cards.
Encounter Organizers – In process
Rolling Tray Conversion – In process
Use your Master Tome as a giant rolling tray.